- The blogs I like to read at the personal blogs. I read many mommy blog type blogs, Dooce, Taza, That Wife… mostly to snark on their oh so perfect lives, the kinds with thousands of followers. I also read many blogs on wordpress. These are by far much more true life.
- Less than 1000 words. I get overwhelmed reading too much text. If it’s long, something to break up the paragraphs.
- I love to read the day to day goings of people. Went here, did this, said this. Some have posted that their blog was boring…no. I can relate to it. It’s not boring!
- When I first decided to start a blog I thought I’d be all about educating. What are migraines, how are they caused, new treatments. Now when I come across a medically-ish blog I pass it by. I don’t like blogs that are too journalistic or know it all. If I want to read stuff like that I’ll go to a real healthcare website.
- Bloggers that are authentic. When I can hear their voice when reading.
- I’m not a fan of guest posters. If I read your blog it’s because I like your writing and style. Sure, you can recommend or praise another blogger. I’d probably at least give them a look. I’d just really prefer to listen to your voice when I’m on your blog. Certainly I wont unfollow…just doesn’t interest me.
- If you’re going to post about something, post it. Don’t post vaguely. Vague posting sucks. It’s done a lot on the blogs such as Taza or Dooce. Btw, both bloggers I follow.
- Pictures! However, I only post stock pictures. I’m trying to keep anonymous myself so I understand not wanting to put yourself out there. But pictures always draw me in…even stock photos.
- Frequent posters, snippets into lives, parenting, marriage, mental health are a few of my interests.
Of course this is just a silly little list of my preferences. Blogs are here for us to post whatever…no judgement of any personal blog out there. This is just what attracts me and draws me to read a blog.